1/15/2010

Never cease

So I'm reading this book called The Life of a Slave Girl. In the very beginning there is the title and two quotes underneath it. One of the quotes goes like this "Northerners know nothing at all about slavery. They think it is perpetual bondage only. They have no conception of the depth of degradation involved in that word, SLAVERY; if they had; they would never cease their efforts until so horrible a system was overthrown." This blog is not about slavery, but that last part of the quote really got to me as a Christian. In the Bible it talks about being a slave to sin and also about being a bond-servant of Christ. As a Christian, I was a slave to sin, every Christian was a slave to sin, but because of God's love and grace, He brought us out of it. When Christ told his disciples to go into all the world and tell everyone about Him, I don't think He even had to say anything because as a Christian we should want to tell everyone we know about Christ and what He has done. However, looking at the people around me I kind of see why Jesus had to say something; living in this life of ease can make us forget what we're supposed to do. We as a people can forget what it meant to be a slave of sin because if we really understood, then we would never cease our efforts of telling people; we would keep on talking until our last breath.
I encourage you to remember what it was like. Love those around you, and never stop.
I'm outs

No comments: