12/23/2007

The nobodies

God uses the nobodies because the somebodies already have a set road.
How can you create a pot out of clay that is already used as a pot? The clay must be nothing to be created into something, so that the creator can use it. God wants to do the same to us.
John Macarthur wrote, "God chooses the humble, the lowly, the meek, and the weak so that there's never any question about the source of power when their lives change the world." God can do anything through us if we just surrender. We need to see us as not important compared to God.
Like John the Baptist said, John 3:30, "He must become greater; I must become less." He must be exalted in everything while we give Him the glory, no glory for us.
As some of you know I work at Einstien bros. bagels, well I received a Christmas card from one of my managers, it said "Stephanie, to the Best Bagel Puller in the Business!" Just before I read the card I was angry that my other boss didn't train me at making sandwiches. Everyone else has had the chance except me. Once I read the card I realized that I help a whole bunch doing what I'm doing. I help the sandwich maker and the customers, I'm a servant to all and not just the people paying, but the people I work with.
Therefore, we should help everyone, even those who will never pay us back. And humble yourselves, it might be difficult, I know, but how can God use us if we're already something.
God can create something huge out of nothing.

No comments: