2/11/2008

Why Does God love us?

Lately I've been questioning why on earth would there be a God who loves me and dies for me. There must be some ulterior motives. I must have to do something. Why would God want to love humans, why not dogs, angels, ants?? I just don't get it, why does God love me? I haven't done anything to deserve it, I haven't done anything good to be loved by God. So why does God love me?? Why? Why do I get to have someone die for me when I haven't done anything for him? Why did he choose me, why did he choose us?
I don't question this, but others might... does God exist? Is Christianity really true?
I know God exists because I see nature and I can't believe that evolution created it. I know there has to be something greater than anything of this world to create this whole universe.
Is Christianity really true? Well for Christianity to be true someone had to die. History proves that Jesus was a real person, and like C.S. Lewis says, "Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse." You can't say that he was a great moral teacher because if he was that means what he said is true and that He is the Son of God.
But what I don't understand about Christianity and Judiasm is why would God tolerate us for so long? Why did He give us a chance? Why does He love us? He doesn't need us whatsoever. Why?
I am glad that by Grace I am saved because nothing I do will save me, but, again, why me? why us?

1 comment:

Michael Anderson said...

I have been thinking the same thing this evening. I am enthralled by His love for me. I know He is good and He does love me. But I don't know why. I don't know if it is something that can be fully comprehended, however, I think it is something to humble us. And maybe that is the point. That is why it is so big. We don't deserve it. And yet he lavishes it on us. Absolutely amazing.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for posting this!