2/06/2010

Question

So I'm a bit confused about something and I was hoping that you might be able to help me figure this out. I have heard that no man can do good apart from God, which I can see why some people would say that because we all have selfish desires; however, those same people say that God is in control of everything, meaning we are all (believers and non believers) living life how God planned it to be. So my question is, if we cannot do good apart from God, but everything we do is in His plans, hence glorifying Him, then doesn't it mean that we are in some way doing good by being in His will? Maybe this is a very simple question, but I'm just still a bit confused and I was wondering if someone can clarify for me. Thanks!
I'm outs

1 comment:

Steve said...

I hope I understand your question.

Yes, "being in his will" is good. However, we are not programmed or controlled by God, we are not puppets on strings. We were given the ability, and freedom, to make choices. Good or bad, we make them.

By being in his will, I'd say that means that we try to make the decisions (to act or behave) with our relation with God in mind.

This is only my opinion, and I have to admit I haven't been close to God in some time. Yes, there is a hole that I feel...