11/20/2007

Does God need us?

Well i wrote this about a year ago and I've never shared it with anyone, so I decided to share it. Hope you guys like it. If something is incorrect just tell me and I'll edit it. For "He who ignores discipline despises himself, but whoever heeds correction gains understanding." Proverbs 15:32

So why were we created??
Really God didn't need us, right??
Duh, if He did, then we would be a complete disaster because we can't give Him anything because He gave us everything. So why were we created?
I remember when I was a kid I wanted ferby's, I wanted to be 16 to get my driver's license, I wanted to be tall enough to reach the cabinets in the kitchen where the cookies were. I know most of us wanted to do or get many things, and we still do. I know now that I want to leave my house to a college. I really don't need to leave, there's one right here, FIU. There's a lot of wants, how do we know that God just WANTED us? He really doesn't need us, but He enjoys when we praise Him, He delights when we do good deeds for Him. I enjoy many things like the movies, a concert, junk food, but I don't need them in my life, we are here for the enjoyment of God. Don't take me the wrong way, we're not just a show, God Almighty loves us. We're His children that got the solo in a band concert, or the kid that got chosen to be on the baseball team; the chess team; got an award for math, science, english, He enjoys that we reached a goal and are presenting it to Him.
Scripture says "The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing"(Zephaniah 3:17).How encouraging.
He will love us no matter what, there is no sin big enough that our Father won't forgive.
But that comes to another point in our life. Are we willing to give up everything back to God? It's difficult I know that first hand. But we have to remember that God will not give us anything that we can't handle, He will always be there every step of the way.
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2
Notice that God doesn't promise to keep you out of all trouble. He simply promises to be with you in the midst of it, even through death!
Give Christ all your troubles, lay it on Him. He died for them why shouldn't we take advantage of that?

No comments: