11/11/2007

Simple or Wise? You decide.

Proverbs 1:22 "How long will you simple ones love your simple ways?"

In the Hebrew language to be called simple was literally to be called foolish. I would rather be called wise because then i would be someone people looked up to, they would consider me someone that lived for example.

Usually I get really pissed off when I see a movie like Hotel Rwanda, Blood Diamond, War Lords, etc. And I chose the wrong day to watch a movie like that, they make me think too much. These movies give me too much passion for the things of God. They make me think that I could make a difference. It makes me think that God has a purpose for everyone, for my life. Don't you hate when your whole body, your heart just burns and you start to hate yourself because we live our life like we'll never die while other people in other countries are suffering everyday, dieing everyday. I sometimes feel like a hypocrite. I cry that I didn't "get it my way" or I didn't get the class or car I wanted. Or even worse I throw away food if even one fly crosses upon it. I start to hate myself when i watch people suffer on TV.

I hope that little intro made you think, I hope you feel that burning in your heart. Jesus said to pick up your cross and follow him, that means being persecuted, standing alone from the crowd, being called names, having little to no money, but the great thing about all those things is that we will not be remembered for it, we will be remembered for standing strong when everything seemed lost, it means being called God's child, it means going to Heaven.

So when you start to hate yourself that's a sign that you should be doing something for God and not for yourself. Don't be called simple because you'll never be remembered, stand strong and "Dare to be Wise" you'll be remembered.

No comments: