10/18/2007

"If you love me then you will obey me"

"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful you will win some false friends and true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway."

I saw this quote awhile ago and yet I still always look back to it. It helps remind me to look toward heavenly treasure instead of earthly treasures.
Another quote that i just came across, this one from Pascal is "The heart has reason, that reason does not know." He was referring to God. He had faith for some reason that he could not comprehend through reason. And to tell you a little about him he was part of the Scientific Revolution, a mathematician and philosopher.
For some reason I am a christian even though the life I lived did not show a christian lifestyle. For some reason God revealed Himself to me. In Romans 8:28-39 God called us, He called me. "Those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; and those He justified, He also glorified." He called us because He knew we would love Him and it says in the bible that "If you love Me, then you will obey Me." I love my God and I'll go to the ends of the earth for Him.
One thing that happened to me today was an epiphany. During FYE the Missions Director at my University came to my class to give a presentation on Missions. From beginning to end I felt my heart tugging telling me "you're going to be out there" I've always known my heart was for missions in another country, I've known this since I was 14. But now I have just started to realize that its not a dream, this is for real. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me after college, I'm not making any more plans, I'm going with the flow of what God has in plan for me. Hopefully I'll get to see P. Dave in the missions field with his family, that'll be cool. And I got to hear a missionary speak at chapel last week, I hope I get to see him again soon, I'll figure out his name tomorrow. Anyway, I'm out.

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

That's very exciting. I'll keep praying that the Lord would keep tugging at your heart, and making you bold for Him

Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I regard as polite post. Especially the title attracted me to review the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

buy levitra online canada
buy