9/29/2007

Change or Jesus?

Wow I am so sorry. The last post I had written was totally unnecessary. I was asking for change just for the sake of change, not for the glory of God. I guess I want change so much that i just lose focus of who is really important, Jesus Christ.
I went to church tonight and I couldn't help thinking how prideful I must be. At first I thought i was just being funny, but it's not anymore. I still do want change to occur, but everyone has their own way of making it happen. I guess it's just me being ADHD. I can't help but be moving.
Another thing I learned was about love. Sometimes we get into the if's. I'll love you if...you change this, or I'll love you if... you do this. No, that is not love. "God is love" 1 John 4:8. And not just any kind of love, but beneficial, committed, unconditional, sacrificial. God loves us because that is what He is. Jesus Christ lived with our stench for 33 years and then died on a cross for us, wouldn't it have been easier if he said "I'm the Creator" and then he just places his thumb on us and says "and you don't exist." Wouldn't that have just been easier? And when Peter cut off a soldier's ear why didn't Christ applaud him, why did Christ love that soldier? He is the creator, he created that soldier. For God loves everyone. It doesn't matter if your righteous or a sinner. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." None of us are good enough anyway. And I've forgotten that, I've been too prideful. So don't love people for what they do or who they are, love them because God loves us. "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." 1 John 3:16.
Even though I'm sorry about the last post I wrote, I still do mean it. I want a Great Awakening part 3 to come. And I can't wait till it comes. Well I'm out.

No comments: